who can come?
Classes are suitable for everyone including beginners. We practise two styles, each with a strong meditative aspect.
where are we?
Shala Om now has two venues:
1. Semaphore Uniting Church Hall, 146 Semaphore Road, Exeter $17/$12
2. Kilburn Community Centre, 59 Gladstone Avenue, Kilburn (Thursdays 1pm, Hatha Yoga) $6.00
what styles of yoga do we practice ?
Hatha yoga is the tradional form and we teach according to the needs of the class on the night, giving options for beginners and more advanced students and offering modified poses where possible if you are injured or have less flexibility etc..
Yin yoga is a more recent style which focuses on floor-based poses which are held for up to 5 minutes each. This works to release the fascia and is an extremely reflective style which leaves you very relaxed and well stretched. People who are less confident about their ability to do yoga often find Yin yoga to be a less challenging way to try out the practice.
what do classes cost?
- All classes $17/$12 concession (cash or card at class)
- Membership $25 per week direct debit. Best value if you come twice a week or more. (Cheaper than 10 Class Pass.) Join here
- 10 class passes are available for $153/$108 concession (=10th class free)
- Classes at Kilburn Community Centre are free
- I am also available for private and small group.
- I can come to you.
- Some students have found these helpful for addressing specific issues they have around their yoga practice.
- These start at $75 for up to three people for a 70 minute class. Each additional student is $20.
- Yoga can be therapeutic for a range of conditions including:
- Brain Injury
- Muscular dystrophy
Phone or text me, Unjay, 043 1928 663
or email email@example.com
Also check the Facebook page for updates: Shala Om on FaceBook
What to bring:
*A mat, if you have one; a limited number of mats will be available for use if you haven’t (free)
*A towel, in case you are super sweaty like me
*loose and/or stretchy comfortable clothing, not necessarily designer-label!
*option to bring a blanket and/or bolster for meditation/seated postures (bolsters and blankets are also provided)
for enquiries, phone Unjay 043 1928 663, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you on the mat!